Friday 30 March 2012

Hi My Name is Oxygen

Hey my name is oxygen, but my friends call me Oxy. You might not notice me much because I'm a colourless, odourless and tasteless gas. But i make up 21% of the Earth's atmosphere. I'm one of the 5 elements all life is based on, and people call me, "the Breath of Life".


This morning I weighed in at 16 a.m.u's but my weight tends to change a lot. 99.762% of the time I weigh the same as I did this morning but 0.038% of the time I weigh 17 amu and 0.2% of the time I weigh 18 amu. I have a total of 15 different types of weight ranging from 12-28 amu but none of those last very long except for those three I just listed. For instance once I went on this super intense weight loss program because I wanted to become a model (which did not work out, obviously) and I reached my goal of 12 amu which unfortunately only lasted about  580(30)×10−24 seconds.So now I work with my family the chalcogens but if you ever want to talk to just me and not the annoying sulfur or even worse selenium just simply ask for #8 (my atomic number) or just ask for O (my symbol).


Sometimes I don't feel complete. I wish I could be like neon, that element just seems so stable, so noble... But it's alright because I get along with practically every other element. And right now I'm with my buddy, Oxygen. People like to call us O2, we're also known as one of the 7 diatomic molecules. I'll rarely be found on my own, and together, we're pretty stable.


Here's a quick look at what happens when I try to hang out with other people.


No comments:

Post a Comment